Light as air with warmth that adjusts to our internal thermostats, down and feather is a part of our lives. We find it in our
- Homes: In the pillows and comforters that keep us comfortable and contribute to healthy sleep;
- Apparel: In the jackets and mittens that keep out the winter cold;
- Sporting Gear: In the sleeping bags that we zip into on camping trips.
Down and feather is an important and popular part of our lives because it is natural, environmentally recyclable and its manufacture requires a far lower carbon footprint than synthetic materials that keep us warm. Natural … warm … green.
Explore the sustainable and humane practices behind one of today’s most popular filling materials. Research on the global down and feather industry reports that the down and feathers used in bedding, apparel and outdoor gear are a byproduct of an enormous, efficient and highly-regulated global poultry industry.
- American Down and Feather Council (ADFC)
- China Feather and Down Industrial Association (CFDIA)
- DOWNMARK® - The Down Association of Canada (DAC)
- Federation of Polish Exporters of Down and Feathers (FEPP)
- Japan Down Products Corporative Association (JDFA)
- Syndicat National des Plumes & Duvets (SNDP)
- Taiwan Feather Exporters' Association (TFEA)
- Verband der Deutschen Daunen- und Federnindustrie e.V. (VDFI)
- Verband Schweizer Bettwarenfabriken (VSB)
IDFB is the international trade association of the down/feather industry (processsors of raw material and/or producers of finished articles, filled with down/feathers), the down/feather trade and independent testing institutes for down/feather as filling material.